Monday, October 8, 2012

Asking for Prayers and Good Thoughts for Samson


I don't know if I should say anything yet, but I am so devastated that I need some support, so I'm asking that good thoughts and prayers be sent out for Samson.

We noticed late last week, that his eyes were looking strange and made a vet appointment for this morning. According to the vet, Samson's pupils did not contract, which means he can't see. The vet said his eyes looked like those of an Akita with a certain kind of disease, but it could be several other reasons as well, including severe inflammation, some kind of tick born disease, which would then be systemic, and so on. Our vet recommended we see a veterinary ophamologist (sp?). But for now, for today, tomorrow and Wednesday morning, we have eye drops, antibiotics and prednisone to give him. If he's worse we must take him in tomorrow, if not, we see the vet on Wednesday and then we will decide what to do next. I know I don't want him on steroids for the rest of his life, so .......

He does not have glaucoma. Which is one good thing, but not that it matters if this other stuff is making him blind.

Samson does not act as if he can't see here at home, but the vet said when he took him in the back for the glaucoma check, he acted like a blind dog in an unknown environment.  

If this cannot be reversed, I know Samson will be OK. There's no way I would believe he can't see. Right now. The only change I notice, now that I am aware, is that he is following me around, so I know he is feeling insecure, and who wouldn't.

I know how much so many of you love Samson and I know you will be very upset to hear this, but I need some support and he needs prayers.

Thank you,

Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails