Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures & Things


My best friend Lin and I were neighbors in the Miracle Mile district of Los Angeles for more than 30 years. In 2006, Lin moved from her large apartment to a much smaller place in a retirement community outside Los Angeles. She had been very ill and needed a lot of help, so I helped her with everything related to the move. I found out that I was really good at the downsizing part, including helping her part with things that had sentimental value. This was really a profession for me, found a bit late in life, and one that I didn't pursue. But I enjoyed myself tremendously while we were working our way through Lin's treasures and things.

Of course, one of the benefits for both of us was that Lin could give some of the things she loved to me, knowing that I would treasure them as she had. One of the larger items she gave me was a beautiful china cabinet. Now some of Lin's treasures live there together with others I have posted on Tuesday's Treasures & Things.

Here are a few of Lin's and now my treasures:


Springtime, made by Staffordshire, England.


A delicate, hand-painted, cup made in Japan.


Another old demitasse made by Goldcastle.

I will not post Wednesday's Book this week. My husband and puppy Samson are here, keeping me busy. Last night, Samson learned about wildlife here as we had a pack of coyotes right outside our bedroom window. I'm sure he will post something soon about all he learned on his visit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails